Thursday 28 January 2010

STARTING POINT

My starting point for this project is to 'do Napoleonics'. I have tried several times in the last thirty years but have been daunted by time, money, space and those damn uniforms. I read about the period but despite an episode with plastics for the benefit of my son (we painted most just in one colour) I have never yet 'done' Napoleonics.

Subsequently have I found Junior General and after first messing about with science fiction stuff - a cheap way to do Starship Troopers ! - I then experimented with top-down Second World War. I realised the potential here. The speed of 'start-up', the minimal cost and the pleasure of cranking out a lot of units was infectious.

Then the fatal step of editing my own first troops....so simple using MS Paint but so rewarding.

I was firmly hooked. I dived headfirst into Napoleonics. Other people have researched and done the uniforms and made the figures. Hats off to the wonderful people who have made all these files available to the rest of us lazy buggers. Lazy but grateful!

Wallowing in paper and card, printer churning and glue all over the table, WONDERFUL!

No comments:

Post a Comment